Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Visit to Thirukostiyur




On the 24th of May'2010, I had an opportunity to visit Thirukostiyur. I had been to Ponamaravathi, which is part of Pudukkotai District for a Wedding. I immediately thought of going to Thirumeyyam or Thirukostiyur. I wasn't sure as which one I would be visiting. I was suppose to go to Karaikudi to visit one of my friends place. I got down at Karaikudi and tried calling him and his phone was switched off. Then I took a Bus to tirupattur and checked in a lodge. Took bath and got ready around 6.30 am. When inquired they informed that Thirukostiyur is very close by, so I took an Auto and reached Thirukosityur by 7 am. Unfortunately the temple wasn't open. I just visited the temple from outside and started back to Tirupattur. Waited for my friend and he picked me up for our trip to the Wedding.


Once the function was over, we started our trip to Thirukostiyur and it was around 11:30 am when we started off. We reached the temple exactly around 12 pm. There wasn't much crowd and we had a good darshan. This is the 70th Divya Desam I am visiting and that too on a Ekadasi Day. First we saw Sowmya Narayanan. It was a pleasant experience and they asked us to rush to the Thaayar temple as they were about to close the temple. Also since it was Ekadasi, they were performing Ekantha Thirumanjanam to Utsavar. After having the darshan of Thaayar, we went to the Astanga Vimanam. It was a pleasant experience.  Once we were back to the Thaayar sannathi , i remembered about the Kaarya Sitthi Vilaaku prarthanai at Thirukostiyur. I was lucky to see the moolavar again after the Thirumanjanam. Was fortunate to have the Ekantha Darshanam of him.

Also got prasadam's from the Bhattar.

Quick Facts:

Moolavar: Uraga Mellanayaan
Thaayar: Thirumagal Natchiyar
Utsavar: Sowmya Narayanan, Madhavan
Prathyaksham to Kadambha Maharishi and Indiran
Vimanam is Astanga Vimanam
Pushkarani : Deva Pushkarani & Thiruparkadal

On the Ground Floor, we can have the Darshanam of Sri Krishna in dancing posture along with Rukmani & Sathyabama Thaayars. On the First floor is our Sowmya Narayana Perumal on the Sleeping Posture. The Second Floor you would see Upendra Narayanan in Standing Posture and on the last floor we can have the darshanam of Paramapadha Nathan with Thaayars.

Also just after the Dwajasthambam, we could see a separate sannathi for Lord Shiva and towards the left of the main entrance we have separate shrines for Sri Ramanuja Acharya and Sri Kosti Purnar , Thirukostiyur Nambigal. This is the place our Udayavar was named as Emperumanar. I felt so blessed after seeing the lord here.

I am more attracted towards to our god in sleeping posture. He is just awesome and no one explain his beauty.

No comments: