Wednesday, September 15, 2010

மன்னார்குடி சம்ப்ரோக்ஷணம்




22nd August'2010: This is an important date in my lifetime. This is when I had been part of the samprokshanam festival in my lifetime. I never imagined in mylife that I will be so closely associated with the Rajagopala Swamy Temple and his beauty. But Anybody who visits him will never forget about him. For me staying away from him is a painful thing. If I don't get to see him in a month, it will create a guilty feeling within me.

Me & my Friend started from Chennai on the 20th Night. We reached Kumbakonam around 7 am in the morning of 21st. It was raining very badly and we reached Mannargudi around 8.30 am. Even at Mannargudi, it was raining heavily, we were afraid that this rain shouldn't be a problem for the festival in the temple. So we got ready by 9.30 am and went to the temple. Directly went to the Yagasalai and was blessed to have darshan of Sengamalavalli Thayar and Sri Rajagopala Swamy.  I am not sure If I am the right person to explain  the beauty of the Divya Thampathi's.
Hemambhja Nayaki - Sri Sengamala Thaayar
We had a good darshan of the Divine Parents and enjoyed the festivity around the area. The entire place was filled with joy. The rain was pouring heavily by now.  We also had an opprtunity to see great personalities like Sri M.A. Venkata Krishnan Swamy and Sri Velukuddi Swamy. I was blessed to have the Darshan of the Divya Thampathi's along with Velukkudi Swamy. After that me and my friend and had a plan of visiting Sri Ranga, Pavitrotsavam was going on and today was the famous "பூச்சாண்டி சேவை".Periya Perumal will be completly covered with Pavithrams. So we went out to have breakfast at Mannargudi and then returned back to the temple again.
Sri Velukudi Swamy was delivering a Course on Rajagopala Swamy. You need not explain the beauty of his speech. That too he is talking about the most Handsome person in the world. I never wanted to move out of the temple, but Periya Perumal was calling us. So we had to leave Mannargudi.



We reached Trichy around 2 pm and got into the temple. There was a Huge Crowd and we somehow managed to have his Darshan by getting Rs.250 ticket. We qucikly started back to Mannargudi and reached the temple again around 10 pm. Had Ekantha Darshanam of Sri Paravasudevar and returned back to our place. Since we had been to Srirangam, we didn't get the pass for entering the Terrace of the temple. We tried our best, but nothing worked out for us. I felt really sad that I won't be able to fulfill the purpose of the visit.

The next morning we started ar 6.20 am. Near the Uadayavar Sannathi, there was a stair case set up for reaching the terrace. We had requested the policeman over there to allow us to take some snaps of the Gopurams & Vimanams. He allowed us to go upstairs. This is the moment we were waiting for and we never came down from there.


We were standing at the Rohini Mandapam and were very close to the Moolasthana Vimanam. We had a complete Glimpse of the entire temple and enjoyed the Samprokshanam.  Also Garuda Bhagavan was there Since 6.45 am till 10.45 am to Witness the happenings and it was an unbelievable scene to watch both of them around the Moolasthana Vimanam during Samprokshanam of the Vimanam.

It was Rajagopala Swamy's Grace, that we were able to be there close to the moolasthanam and watch the happenings. More pictures on the samprokshanam can be viewed at my picasa webalbum. Pls find the link for the same.


No comments: